Frequently Asked Questions:
1) What is CI Lanyards and what do you do?
CI Lanyards is a branch of Coller Industries, the parent company of various CI Products, Personalized Ribbons, and Name Tag, Inc. We realized that in order to better suit the needs of our growing customer base, we needed to dedicate different sites to specific products, and CI Lanyards is one of the results of that effort.
CI Lanyards is devoted to providing high-quality lanyards for a fair price and a quick turn around. This branch was designed to provide an easy-to-use ordering process while utilizing the collective experience of the Coller Industries brand to create a fully supported website.
2) I have a rough idea of what I want... can you help me figure it out?
Of course! CI Lanyards has experienced designers to take your idea and create a design that can be printed on lanyards. Customized products will have a proof created and emailed to show you the design and layout.
3) What is a proof?
A proof is a visual representation of what your lanyard design will look like and must be signed and returned before production will begin. All customized orders will have a proof created by one of our designers before the order goes to production.
A PDF of your proof will be emailed to you within 24 to 48 business hours after your order has been received. If any changes need to be made to the design, simply note the changes and email back the proof. The standard proof revision time is 24 hours.
4) How do I submit my logo and is there a preferred format?
You may upload or email your logo to CI Lanyards during the order process. Please note that vectorized artwork is required for the printing of your logo. If you do not have a vectorized version of your logo, CI Lanyards offers a $30.00 conversion process. For more information about logo artwork, visit the artwork support page.
5) How long does it take to receive my products?
The total time between when an order is placed and when you'll receive your products is dependent on a few different variables: proof times, total quantity ordered, production time, and shipping times.
In-stock products that don't require any customization will be shipped within 24 hours, while customized products will begin production only AFTER a signed proof is received.
For most customized products, the standard production time ranges from 3 to 10 business days. Visit the production time page for a complete listing of the production schedule.
6) What shipping service does CI Lanyards use?
CI Lanyards uses UPS to ship its products and will only use the US Postal Service to ship to military addresses. For additional shipping information, please visit the shipping page.
7) Can CI Lanyards expedite my order?
Yes. Depending on your need by date, both the production and shipping times may be expedited. If an order needs to be expedited, please consult with a CI Lanyards customer service representative.
8) When will I be charged for my order?
Your order will be charged during the packaging process, right before the order is shipped.
9) Are there any setup fees for my order?
Setup fees vary from product to product; however, only customized products will have a setup fee. (Set up fees range from $30.00 to $45.00)
10) Do my lanyards come with a warranty and/or guarantee?
Yes, CI Lanyards offers a guarantee against defects for a full year from the date of purchase. This guarantee does not apply to damages caused by improper wear or storage.
For more information about CI Lanyards' guarantee policy, visit the guarantee page.
Production and Shipping
Proof Time + Production Time + Shipping = Total Time to Delivery
- Once an order is placed and AFTER acceptable artwork has been received, a digital proof will be created by one of our designers and will be emailed to you within 24 to 48 business hours (MST). Production begins AFTER the proof has been signed and returned..
- Expedited Production: If the products are needed before the allotted standard process time, you may expedite the production and/or shipping time. If CI Lanyards can't meet the need by date and the product has yet to ship, the order can be canceled without incurring any fees or charges.
Before production can begin on your order, it must go through the proofing process: A proof will be created and emailed to you by a one of our designers within 24 to 48 hours. The proof must be approved by you and returned to CI Lanyards. (only applicable to custom orders)
- Knitted Cotton, Earth Friendly, Economy Polyester, Nylon, Reflective, Elastic and Neoprene: 5 business days
- Corded, Vinyl and Tie Dye, Pen Holder, Badge Reel, Nylon Neck Wallet Organizers: 7 business days
- Dye-Sublimated, Dye-Sublimated Waffle-Weave, Neck Wallet, Badge Holder: 9 to 12 business days
- Stretchy Elastic and Polyester: 12 business days
If you need your product by a specific date, please notify us at the time the order is placed.
All packages, except those shipped to military addresses (USPS Priority Mail), will be shipped by UPS.
PO Box, Fed Ex or UPS with shipping charged to a customer or third party options are NOT available.
When customized and non-customized items are ordered on a single order, all products will be shipped together using the selected shipping method.
|UPS Next Day Air Early A.M.
|UPS Next Day Air
|UPS Next Day Air Saver
|UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.
|UPS 2nd Day Air
|UPS 3 Day Select
CI Lanyards is not responsible for and does not assume liability for missed delivery dates due to a failure on the behalf of its shipping providers.
If there is a delay in processing your order due to an unexpected problem in production, CI Lanyards will make every effort to contact you. Production will NOT begin until you have been contacted. Orders delayed in production will still be shipped with the original shipping method. If you have expedited an order or have a need by date you will be contacted by a representative if your order is delayed to resolve the issue.
Customers who cancel an order after production has begun will be charged a prorated fee depending on level of completion. If a customer cancels an order once it has been shipped, the customer is responsible for the entire cost.
If a package is late or has missed a delivery time, please contact CI Lanyards as soon as possible to resolve the situation. While CI Lanyards will work with the customer to best remedy the solution, fees will not be refunded for customer-caused delays, such as an incorrect shipping address or non-availability to sign for/receive the package.
Circumstances outside UPS's direct control, such as inclement weather or traffic, are not covered by this policy. Insured shipments declared lost by UPS will be replaced by CI Lanyards at no extra charge.
Vector artwork is required for all lanyards that have a logo.
- Non-vector formats include .jpg, .gif, and .bmp. These formats aren't suitable for our printing machines and techniques. For the best results, CI Lanyards recommends all artwork to be submitted as a vector format, such as .eps, .ai, .cdr.
- If you do not have a vectorized version of your logo, CI Lanyards offers a low one-time conversion process for $30.00. The turnaround time for this process is 24 hours and you will be emailed a vectorized version of your logo that can be used for any future projects. Please note: If you approve the conversion process, you will be charged for this service even if you don't place an order through CI Lanyards.
- A designer will review your submitted artwork and if any required changes will be discussed prior to final approval and production. Changes made by a designer may incur an additional charge but will only be made AFTER the customer has approved it.
- Artwork received by CI Lanyards must be in compliance with all trademark, copyright, patent, or related laws or acts. The customer assumes full responsibility for all claims and/or litigation arising from the infringement of licenses, patents or copyrights on any requested design.
- CI Lanyards realizes that the process of preparing and sending your artwork can be challenging. Should you have any questions or need assistance with the process, please call 1-800-272-5729
Preparing and submitting your artwork:
- Submitted artwork must be PC compatible. Designs created on a Macintosh must be converted and saved to a PC compatible format.
- If fonts/text are used in the creation of your design, please convert them to curves or outlines before submission.
- Digital artwork is required. Photocopies, letterheads, business cards and other printed collateral are NOT acceptable.
- Customers with colored logos are encouraged to use the Pantone Matching System (PMS) to communicate their desired color choices for higher accuracy. While CI Lanyards will make every effort to match the color(s) as closely as possible, exact color matches are guaranteed.
- CI Lanyards uses proprietary software for the printing of its lanyards and customer supplied layouts are not accepted. Instead, a proof will be created by a designer and must be approved by you before production begins.